It's been another beautiful week in Nauvoo!
Hello
everyone!! It's been another beautiful week in Nauvoo! I don't really
remember what I wrote last week and all the days blend together so I apologize if I repeat anything. This week we have done a lot of dancing
and learning our parts in the plays. More singing of course too. I have
been so unbelievably blessed. Normally I really struggle memorizing
anything, but I almost have all 59 of my lines memorized! And just a
couple more songs left! (well for my play anyway. I definitely don't have
the other 40 or however many other songs we have memorized yet...) We
still haven't blocked all of it, but I think I'm gonna be ok! I know I
could not have done this alone but I have been so blessed. I read in my
scriptures the other night about how the Lord lets us struggle sometimes
so that we can see His power more clearly. I know He can make my
weaknesses strong. I'm sorry that I don't quote the scriptures as good as a
regular missionary, but hopefully I will get better once I have a little
more time to study my scriptures more fully.
I also know that Heavenly Father has blessed me with peace in my heart
the majority of my time here. Knowing how much is required of us should
be scaring me to death right now, but somehow I feel peace. Yesterday
however, I really was struggling with a dance and was very thankful for
the dim lighting because I was definitely shedding more than A tear or two. My wonderful caring companion, Sister Urry, noticed and comforted me,
and Sister Rich from my clogging class was so sweet. She talked to me
about how she has been feeling the same way--inadequate for a mission
like this, and how sometimes our talents seem not as good compared to the
others. Because she knew how I felt, she was able to comfort me so well. She told me how we all have talents to share here because that's why we
are here, but we also bring our own unique personalities that are meant to be shared here too. All of us are here right now for a reason, and the Lord
wants us here. Also, my wonderful mother knew exactly what to write to
me in a tender letter that came just when I needed it. She told me to
be patient with myself just as the Lord is patient with me. And happy Mother's Day to the most wonderful mom ever. I love you!
Just
remember that Heavenly Father loves us and wants to bless us. Every
trial we go through is a chance to see His hand in our lives. We all
have a purpose and when we feel inadequate, remember that Jesus "willingly
gave his perfect life for me" [us]. We are obviously very very
important to Him and He loves us so so much, even though we are not
perfect.
There have been a number of sisters
and elders that have fallen sick the past few days, so hopefully we will
all be ok soon! One of them had symptoms of strep but was given a
blessing and literally completely better the next day. Nauvoo miracles
are everywhere.
I hope everyone has a great
week! I actually have pictures this time! That is me and Sister Urry,
and we also had time to go on a wagon ride with a beautiful view. It was
a very spiritual ride and I'm so happy to be here. And thanks Eden for
the awesome Darth Maul May the 4th card!!! You are so talented its
crazy!! Love you!
Love,
Sister Higginson




Comments
Post a Comment