Family Reunion in Nauvoo--my family came to visit!
hellooo!!
So this was one of the best weeks here! My family came to visit, and it
was so wonderful! I miss them already but I'm so grateful for the time I
got to spend with everyone. It’s also been a little crazy this week
though. We kind of felt like all of us were dropping like flies. 3 of
our best dancers in the front row were out almost this whole week—so its
been a little crazy, but most of the time you can’t tell. Also we are
having pageant rehersals at 7:00 a.m. some days or in the evening until
who knows when, haha. Also it's finally gotten crazy hot here. the heat
index was 108 degrees yesterday. It was only 102 for our dance show
though so at least that, haha. Pretty sure I've beat my record of the
most I've ever sweat in my entire life. You know you're sweaty when you
bow and can see a bunch of sweat drop and fall off your face. aaaand I havn't washed my dress in 3 weeks.... ahh!! don't worry, I get to tonight,
there just hasn't been time, haha.... we have a spray that helps a lot
but still.... somehow I've managed to stay healthy until last night. I'm
feeling ok though. They’ve been giving us some extra time to take naps
which has been such a blessing. My throat already feels better and it
hasn't even been 24 hours yet.
I
just want to share a special experience that happened when I first saw
my family on Wednesday. We started our mini show by the tree outside and
basically everyone watching was my family. They were a great audience.
We started singing our set of songs and I was kinda nervous but so
happy to see everyone there supporting me. I wasn't sure how many of my
relatives would be able to come but so many did, and it was so fun. As
we performed I just wanted to cry almost the whole time. I was just so
happy. For the last song, I just couldn't hold it in any longer. The
last song we sang was "A Child's Prayer." This song is very special to
me. Years ago when I received the news that my cousin Alvin was going to
pass away, this is the song that helped me through. I felt alone at
that time and thought of that song, wondering if Heavenly Father really
was there. But as I replayed the song in my head, I realized that He
most definitely is, and He hears and answers every child's prayer. When
my group began singing that song, looking around at my family that had
gathered there, including Alvin's, I felt that he was with us too. And
grandpa as well. I like to think they may have been singing along. Some
say that heaven is far away, but I feel it close around me as I pray. I
feel it close around me as I sing too. I love my family so much and I am
so happy that we get to be together forever. It makes sense that we
call the plan of salvation the plan of happiness. I’m so grateful for
what Nauvoo has taught me and what Heavenly Father has done for me. This
has been the best thing for me. Love you all!
Sister Higginson
ps:
Also, i know this is a long email, but i think it would be really cool
if Ashlynn and Dallin could write a short paragraph of their experiences
in Nauvoo. they can go at the end of this email. thank youuu!
Hey this is Dallin, and my favorite experiences were, of course, all of the ones with Aubrey. But my most spiritual experiences were both the temple and the trail of hope. In the temple I was able to baptize all my cousins which was really cool and then when I was baptized for Kaela’s names that were really hard to find, I felt their spirits with me and that was super powerful for me. Then the trail of hope was another of those great spiritual experiences, because as we walked the same road that the pioneers had to walk, and heard the stories they had lived through, and the songs that they had sung, I felt their presences with me on the trail and I was both heartbroken at what they had to go through and how they reacted to their trials. I love you so much Aubrey!
I absolutely loved going to Nauvoo! It was such a wonderful experience,
especially seeing Aubrey as a YPM. I felt the spirit so strongly
throughout the trip, especially when we went to Carthage. Going there
was so amazing, and the Spirit testified to me that this really is the
true church, and Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God. The Trail of
Hope was also such a sweet experience. Listening to the YPMs tell the
stories of the saints was so powerful, and I felt the Spirit so
strongly. I loved going to Nauvoo so much, and I hope to be able to
return there soon.
-Ashlynn
Brief recap of Family Reunion with Sister Higginson by MarciMom:After arriving in Nauvoo during a major storm/micro burst/tornado warning, the next morning we headed out on the town. We first saw Aubrey appear in the Zion's Youth on main street where we saw her for the first time. They put on a nice show there, And Aubrey was overjoyed and wept as she sang. We loved watching her star in Just Plain Anna Amanda and have Gracie come on stage at the end so everyone could see how important she is. That is what the play is all about--realizing that you are important just being you. We enjoyed the 175th commemoration of the the martyrdom of the prophet, Joseph and his brother Hyrum, near their grave sites put on by the Community of Christ and several other faiths including ours. And a nice trip to Carthage for a great experience there on that special day. Several of us went to the temple for family direct line names Michaela had found, with Dallin baptizing the cousins, then doing the rest of the work the following day during Michael Edwards Endowment.We also had a nice dinner at the Hotel Nauvoo with Aubrey, Sister Urry, and all the family eatin' catfish, roast, chicken, cinnamin rolls, mashed potatoes, and everything in between. We watched her kick up her heels as Sue in Sunset by the Mississippi, boy can she kick her legs! We loved the Trail of Hope that Aubrey took us on and another night played a part in. There is a brighter light in her eyes. She loves the YPM's she serves with, and they love her. Two of them specifically pulled me aside to tell me how grateful they were that she is there, that she has made such a difference for them and is meant to be there. Her and her companion are known as the funnest companionship. The Senior missionary teamsters love her and say she is their favorite, but not to tell anyone. It was a wonderful experience for all who went. We truly felt the Spirit of Nauvoo.
YPM's past and present share a moment.
Just Plain Anna Amanda and very important Gracie! Two stars of the show, as Gracie is brought up on stage.
Aubrey is amazing as Just Plain Anna Amanda--she's one of the senior couples favorites to watch. They say she has the voice of a bird, and is so expressive and fun to watch!






Comments
Post a Comment