I'm the happiest girl alive!!!
Hello everyone! This is my first email from Nauvoo, and I am the
happiest girl alive!!! Nauvoo is so wonderful I can't even stand it. It
is beautiful, the people are beautiful, and everything we are doing
everyday is beautiful. There is so much to say, I don't even know where
to start. My companion is Sister Urry and she is awesome. I love her so
much. She's super cool and she rides a motorcycle. We get along quite
well;) although I'm sure my mom might not feel the same way about that, I
think it's pretty dang awesome, haha. She also has an amazing voice even
though she's sick. Thankfully I'm not sick any more but all our voices
are a little strained from all the practicing. We practice about 8-10
hours everyday and it's kinda hard but so fulfilling. We already have
connected with so many of the songs and it's amazing that we can sing so
well together even on the bus ride over here. We drink lots of water and
have about 10 cough drops a day. So far its kind of weird emailing
because I don't have traditional missionary experiences, but I have been
feeling the spirit so much. The other day we found some ladies that we
visiting Nauvoo as we were passing by. We got to sing a song for them
and after the first couple words I already started to cry and so did
some of the ladies. It hasn't even started yet but we've already gotten a
chance to share our testimonies through song to some people. The spirit
is so strong here and my heart is literally bursting with joy and love. I
can't believe how easy it is to feel the spirit here. It's been a huge
contrast from before. I cry every day at some point. One song that
touched all of us was the simple children's song. "I feel my Savior's
love." It is so tender and so sacred. Some of us bore our testimories
in between singing it, and we know that it will touch the people we sing
for in the future as it touched us. I wish I had more time to explain
all of the things, but I am just so grateful and so blessed to be apart
of this. I know Heavenly Father loves me sooooo much because He blessed
me with this amazing opportunity, and He loves you all so much too. Trust in His timing because I know this is the year I'm meant to be here. I already have a super strong testimony that this is right. Even more
right than it would have been last year or the year before when I
auditioned before. I love the people, I love the music, and I love my Savior. This is where I belong.
Oh also!!! They
casted us yesterday and I'm going to be Just Plain Anna Amanda!!!!!! Eight years ago or something, I watched her perform here. I always
pictured myself in that role, and now it's coming true. I can't believe
it, and I am so blessed. Everyone is so loving and supportive and I am
amazed by the humility everyone shows. My comp, Sister Urry also got a
lead role for the other play!!! So it's really exciting. Like beyond
exciting. I'm just a little nervous about learning lines. I will be
relying very heavily on Heavenly Father to strengthen my mind to learn
quickly. I've always been a slow learner, and I need time on my own to
practice things. But there isn't really such thing as our own time here
because we're busy learning other things that I also need time to learn. So I will definitely be praying A LOT. But I know that Heavenly Father
will make weak things become strong, and if I have faith, He will help
me learn all that I need to. Because I definitely need His help and
already know I can't do all this on my own. I'm excited to see what this
next week brings. I love you all soooo much!! And I can't wait till I
can share what I've learned with the family that comes to visit! And
everyone else of course. Until next time!
Love,

Comments
Post a Comment